Thursday, August 8, 2024

INTERVIEW - Michael Andor Brodeur - Swole: The Making of Men and the Meaning of Muscle

As we continue with Sweeps Period 2024, I have a fascinating conversation with Michael Andor Brodeur, to discuss his new book Swole: The Making of Men and the Meaning of Muscle. Unbeknownst to me, Michael and I must have literally been circling around each other in Boston in the 1990's. We went to some of the same gyms, we went to the same nightclubs, we had common friends. And yet we did not know each other existed until this Interview. I thoroughly enjoyed myself as we reminisced about our childhoods and the vibrant gay life of Boston during that decade. Michael also traces our toys, cartoons and comics that started many of us young men thinking about guys with muscle. And we talk about the early days of Bodybuilding and how that shaped our lives. I think you will enjoy this topic. 

Michael on Instagram

Michael on TikTok


BookShop.org

Buy 'Swole' on BookShop.org


No comments:

Post a Comment